Who to Notify After Moving House

When you move you should notify the following of your new address (as applicable):


  • Your bank(s) or building societies or other financial institutions;
  • The Australian Electoral Office;
  • The electricity authority;
  • The gas authority (if gas is supplied)
  • Insurance Companies (Life, Motor vehicle, Superannuation);
  • Your work pay department;
  • Credit card Authorities;
  • Your local Post Office (redirect your mail for a period after you move and advise your former landlord or purchaser of your new address);
  • The Department of Transport – motor vehicle registration and your driver’s licence;
  • The Queensland Ambulance Service;
  • The Australian Taxation Office;
  • Any hire purchase company;


  • Any firm or company with whom you have a warranty with such as for your car, electrical appliances etc;
  • Phone Company (local, STD, ISD, mobile);
  • Pay Television Company;
  • Any Solicitors who hold documents (especially Wills and Deeds) for you;
  • CentreLink;
  • Your Accountant/Tax Agent;
  • Any periodicals/magazines;
  • The Secretary of any Club/Association of which you are a member;
  • RACQ;
  • Any Local Authority, Valuer-General and Land Tax Commissioner for all other land/houses which you own;
  • Relatives, Neighbours and Friends.

We're here to help. Fill out the form to make an enquiry, and we'll get back to you shortly.

Phone: (07) 3288 3511

Mail: info@springfieldlegals.com.au

If you have a question, want some more information or would just like to speak to someone, make an enquiry now and we’ll be in touch with you as soon as possible.


The Directors and Staff wish you the compliments of the season and advise that the GLG Legal Springfield office will be closing over the holiday period from 5pm Friday 22 December 2023 until 8.30am Tuesday 2 January 2024.