Navigating the real estate industry can be very intimidating if you have never had any previous dealings with it. If you want to sell your property, there are numerous legal processes you have to go through. This is why it’s best to have a professional to help you every step of the way. An experienced property conveyancer is the best person to fulfil this role.
What Is Property Conveyancing?
Property buyers and sellers are not required to have lawyers or conveyancers to manage the real estate process on their behalf. Nevertheless, it is undoubtedly much better than trying to do these tasks alone. Conveyancers have years of training and experience in settling real estate transactions, and they will make the process go by much more smoothly.
Conveyancing allows for a smooth transferring of ownership of land from one person to another. A conveyancer coordinates with the other party and oversees the settlement process, which usually consists of the following steps:
- Pre-Contract: Outlining and preparing the Contract of Sale
- Pre-Completion: The title search ensures a clean property title, meaning there is no question about the true ownership of the property.
- Post-Completion: The final settlement process that ensures all legal and financial requirements are met.
Why You Need a Conveyancer
Completing a property sale is nowhere near as simple as exchanging money and keys by hand. There is a tremendous amount of paperwork, due diligence, and other legal processes involved before a property can be transferred to a new owner. Conveyancers are fully capable of handling all the legal documents and following local legislations to complete a sale.
Here are three reasons you should hire a professional conveyancer:
- Avoid Mishandled Documents: Real estate transactions cannot be completed without multiple contracts and legal documents that need to be filed with different local tax offices. Your conveyancer will prepare and keep track of all the documents that you need.
- Receive Legal Representation: Your conveyancer represents you and your interests whenever they communicate with the buyer. They are tasked with negotiating and liaising with the other party from beginning to end.
- Support with Legal Requirements: There are local regulations you need to follow through all the steps of the property selling process. Compliance with land surveys, inspections, title searches, and building regulations and many more are all necessary tasks that your conveyancer will complete for you.
Finding a Property Conveyancer
When it’s time to look for a property conveyancer, you have two options: professional real estate conveyancers or solicitors who specialise in conveyancing. Solicitors may be a better option in case you get into complicated legal tangles along the way.
Ask your friends, family, acquaintances, or even co-workers if they can recommend a good conveyancer. If one of them has sold their property recently, they should have an answer for you. You can also get recommendations from your accountant, family lawyer, or even your real estate agent.
Before choosing a conveyancer, you should do your due diligence and find out as much as you can about them. Run a background check to see if they are a member of the Australian Institute of Conveyancers or if a client has filed a complaint against them. It’s best to hire a conveyancer with specific experience in the type of property you want to sell. Consider all the costs and your ideal settlement timeline before hiring them.
Your conveyancer will be your right-hand person throughout this process, so you should be comfortable with them. Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions and take the time to consider all of your options before making a final decision.
Transferring property ownership from one party to another is a very complex legal process, and it’s best you don’t go through it without a professional conveyancer at your side. Hiring a good conveyancer ensures the process will go smoothly and will be completed in a timely manner.
If you’re looking for conveyancing solicitors in Ipswich, Springfield Legals is here for you. We have been serving clients in the Springfield and Ipswich area since 1999, and we can help make the property selling process easier for you. Book an appointment with our conveyancing experts today!